On the top floor of the Geopark Visitor Centre (Carisolo), the Park has opened its first reading point.
This reading point, inserted in an area that used to be without libraries, wants to be a service for tourists and local population. The centre is created with the aim of reaching a varied target of lectors, with a wide offer that permits to residents and visitors to deepen their knowledge of the protected area: starting from youngsters, with a dedicated space, to the adult public with publications on specific themes on the protected area or on less specific topics, also concerning other nations.
The reading point is structured as follows:
• Section dedicated to children and teenagers with a cozy space in which youngsters can enjoy soft seats, with the aim of creating a creative and funny environment; this section has been realized by the cooperativa lavoro of Saone (a social cooperative) with recycled materials.
• Biodiversity section
• Nature and culture section, dedicated to identity aspects of the natural Park (traditions, alpine pastures..) and publications that talk about virtuous lifestyles (positive growth of circular economy).
• A section concerning trails and path of the Park with the willing of counselling excursionist activities
• Protected nature sector, in which is possible to find some books about different protected areas of Italy and of the world
• A section dedicated to geology and to the global and national net of Geoparks.
The two sections dedicated to biodiversity and geology are different from the others: they’re characterized by an exhibition of scientific materials that permit to concretely touch elements of deepening on biodiversity and geopark themes.
The reading point is inserted in the Library System of Trentino and works as a normal library with the possibility of borrowing books.